TREVOLI Granular Activated Carbon Cartridges (GAC)
* 20" × 4.5" Granular Activated Carbon Cartridge w/Polypropylene Sediment Filtration Pads at each end
* Premium Quality Coconut Shell Activated Carbon cartridge is often used for Reverse Osmosis prefiltration & many other filtration applications.
* Carbon filtration is excellent for reducing Chlorine, Bad Taste, Odor & Color and can be effective for removal of many chemical contaminants.
* This cartridge fits in 20" Big Blue Housings
* To keep your filter system operating efficiently, replace this cartridge as needed and on a regular basis.
* Before putting a new cartridge in service, pass 5-10 litres of water through to waste to flush out carbon fines.
* Cartridges are individually wrapped for purity.
* Max working pressure: 40PSI (differential)
A highly porous adsorbent material, produced by heating organic matter, such as coal, wood and coconut shell, in the absence of air, which is then crushed into granules. Activated carbon is positively charged and therefore able to remove negative ions from the water such as ozone, chlorine and dissolved organic solutes by absorption onto the activated carbon. The activated carbon must be replaced periodically as it may become saturated and unable to absorb. Activated carbon is not effective in removing heavy metals.
Activated carbon is often used as a filter in water treatment systems, where water is directed downwards through a stationary bed of activated carbon, leaving organic material to accumulate at the top of the bed. Activated carbon is similarly used to lower radon levels in water. Also available in powdered form.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.